Friday, August 31, 2012

The first day of school


My only hope is the truth of His Word on the tip of my tongue... ready to remind my heart that I-CAN-DO-THIS... with my Jesus leading the way. 

I would't say that homeschooling my children is a strength of mine, but I am glad I can grow in my weakness.  See, when you are weak you have no other choice but to live by faith, depending on Jesus throughout the entire day. I have finally discovered (because it usually takes me a good couple of tries) that growing in my weakness is actually God's way of developing the ability to trust Him, lean on Him.

My natural way of doing things is to plan, but not just plan my day I need to know what will happen, all outcomes and when it will happen.  God's preference is for me to depend on Him continually, trusting Him to guide me throughout my day, strengthen me as needed. This is how I will grow in my weakness.  Boy is it hard and what better situation than homeschool (one of my many weaknesses).  I will need to stamp my forehead with Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

"Milly" is entering 1st grade


"Audge" entering Kindergarten


"Roo" Entering Preschool





And he will keep me really busy..........






2 comments:

  1. This is great! Amelia's smiler is KILLER! Audrey is of course adorable, and Andrew...Well, as I was scrolling thinking these things, Andrew just made me laugh. That's hilarious. I love this Heather. I love you. Good luck with homeschooling, you will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy... yes... yes he will :) LOVE him!

    ReplyDelete