Friday, August 10, 2012

What I am STILL learning....

The time spent with Jesus helps discern what is important and what is not.

These days I am changing gears and re focusing on simplifying life and finding joy in it all.  I mean, the stuff in this house starts to feel like heavy burdens on the eyes and heart.  The children exchange this appreciation for the little thrills for an attitude of entitlement.  How do you explain to a child with childlike ways there are children her age that have no food never mind toys!
I stare at these faces...



















and ask myself how?  How do I teach these children of mine, what I am still trying to learn? I read it over and over and over until my throat hurts..... Philippians 4:11-12 "I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little" Well, I guess I will still need to learn this lesson over and over again. And as long as I am willing to learn than maybe there is hope for these children.  Seeing their momma working through contentment with a joyful heart and happy spirit might help change their little hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment