Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Boys will be boys?

So, I have wrestled with the continual comments regarding boys.  You've heard them ,"boys will be boys" or "wow, you have your hands full, he's ALL boy".  These comments confuse me- my son is a boy (that's not confusing), but why do people give behaviors the excuse of being a boy.  I clearly see a difference in my children.  Roo does jump off higher things, chooses a fighting game over just about anything, and touches things I wouldn't with a ten foot pole.  But I am determined to transform my boy from an immature and flighty youngster into a honest caring man who will be respectful of women, loyal and faithful in marriage, a keeper of commitments, a strong and decisive leader, a good worker, and secure in their masculinity.  Above all else, my ultimate goal is to give him an understanding of scripture and a lifelong passion for Jesus Christ.  I know I can't do this with my own mommy super strength, so I pray and pray and pray for him every day multiple times a day. I pray for salvation, growth in grace, love, honesty, integrity,self-control, humility, purity, joy, self-disciple, responsibility, generosity, kindness, hope and on and on.                      







And just the other day, we were out with a group of children looking for monarch caterpillars, when God showed me that He has his hand on Roo and He does hear my prayers.  See, Roo was picking up dead bugs or very close to dead (during our adventure) when he gave that up to hold hands with a little girl.  Not just any little girl, but a little girl who has always greeted him with a few whacks to the head. Someone he has forgiven and loves.



1 comment:

  1. "honest caring man who will be respectful of women, loyal and faithful in marriage, a keeper of commitments, a strong and decisive leader, a good worker, and secure in their masculinity. Above all else, my ultimate goal is to give him an understanding of scripture and a lifelong passion for Jesus Christ. "

    He has a great example in his Daddy and your future daughter-in-law will thank you :)

    ReplyDelete