Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gearing up for a new school year...


I know many home school families are ordering their curriculum and that is something we are doing, but I am also focusing on my heart.  I came across a quote in my daily devotion, "Learn to enjoy life more. When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing you proclaim your trust in Me." 

I want to go into this new school year slow and calm, with the mind of simple.  I want to focus on the children and not the amount of activities we are involved in.  I am hoping to keep this mind all year no matter what comes. It was Ann Voskamp, who said, "Haste makes waste.  Life is not an emergency.  Life is brief and it is fleeting but it is not an emergency". 

I know that God will be there with me! "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  
We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for 
us through wordless groans." Romans 8:26

Thank you GOD! because honestly I don't think that slowing life down and focusing on simple beauty 
within my children comes naturally for me, so I will need God.
   


         

  

  
  
 


 


 

  

 
 
 
 



So here's to another YEAR, but slow and intentional!





No comments:

Post a Comment