Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One day, I hope my Kids remember.....



One day, I hope my kids remember:
- that they were loved
- that they were wanted and chosen
- that Mommy and Daddy worked hard to offer them an incredible childhood
- that we made sacrifices so they could have the chance to blossom in their own time
- that we failed (often) to be ideal parents, but that in our failings we asked for forgiveness (often)
- that Mommy wishes she could be perfect, but knows you need to see the need for grace as well
- that they have a mission and purpose in this world
- that God loves them and will guide and direct them in life
- that He gave them each other as eternal friends
- that our family is unique and precious
- that Mommy and Daddy will always be rooting for them, praying for them, and cheering for them to dream big, be faithful in the small, and relish being who they are

“I sustain myself with the love of family.”
~  Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment