Friday, January 4, 2013

Making a Habit

So, everyone is has these ideas at the beginning of the year to make new habits, whatever it might be.... and I decided through this naming of the year I too should learn a new habit...

I want to challenge myself, so I am going to say "I trust Jesus" in response to whatever happens to me. Some say it takes 30 days to change a habit others say only 28 but I think there might be more involvedI did find this
The time you need to commit depends on three factors:
  how difficult the new habit is to do, 
how often you do it, 
and how much it clashes with your current habits.

 Imagine a piece of paper with a very deep crease. Mastering a new habit is like ironing out the old crease and reinforcing a new one--it takes time. "It will become a habit if you just hang in there," Heidi Grant Halvorson, psychologist and author of Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals (Hudson Street Press, 2010).

So, world bare with me while I form my new habit of trusting Jesus Hoping that through this simple practice I will learn to see Him in every situation and acknowledge His sovereign control over the universe.  When I take this new skill I hope fear loses its grip on me, I hope to receive blessings gratefully, and I hope to strengthen my relationship with Jesus.


Psalm 63:1-8
 You, God, are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
     my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water.
 I have seen you in the sanctuary
    and beheld your power and your glory. 
 Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you. 
I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands  
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
    I think of you through the watches of the night. 
Because you are my help,
    I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
    your right hand upholds me.

1 comment:

  1. Nodding my head and quietly saying..."mmmm..."

    I like this and I LOVE that Scripture... thank you.

    ReplyDelete